SETTING UP AUTHENTICATOR APP IN GMAIL ACCOUNT!!!
Actually, when a user wants to get a 2-step verification code to login an email account can be gotten in many different methods such as set up a mobile number to receive the code, or set up a mobile authenticator app to get the code, or save a set of codes and etc.
What's Authenticator app and why it is?
Authenticator app is a mobile app from the email providers such as Google, Microsoft, Yahoo etc. Where two steps verification has been activated to email or any other online accounts, the user can set up a communication method to receive the verification code from the email or online accounts providers such as mobile phone numbers, email addresses or an authenticator app, at the same time user would be able to save verification codes or set up a security key for the account.
In This Tutorial:
What are the benefits on setting up an authenticator app to an account?
The Authenticator app prevents unauthorized access to the online account. Whenever the user wants to sign into the account, the app confirms the identity and ensures the user's important information stays safe and secured. And when set up a mobile authenticator app on the user's mobile would be able to get the verification code where lost the mobile reception sometime (This means, user doesn't require an internet connection to get the verification code).
To set up an authenticator app to a Google account:
First of all, the user needs a mobile(smart) phone to set up the authenticator app.
Path to set up an authenticator app on the mobile phone and in the Google account:
1) Install an authenticator app on the mobile (Google or Microsoft Authenticator app)
2) Open your Google account
3) Click on the logo of your initials or your picture
4) Click on "Manage your Google account"
5) Click "Security" and scroll down up to "Sign in to Google" section
6) Click on the arrow for 2-step verification
7) It may require you to enter the password again and click on "Authenticator App"
8) Click on "Set up Authenticator"
9) Now, you need to open the app on your mobile (Tab on the plus "+" button to add the account by scanning QR code) and scan the QR code on the screen of your tablet/ipad/laptop/computer or another mobile and then click "Next"
10) Click add button
11) Click "OK" on your tablet/ipad/laptop/computer or another mobile. And all done. Now you can sign out from your Google account and then clear all the cookies on your browser and then sign in. This time when it asks the verification code, just open the app on your mobile and whatever code you are seeing on the screen, type it in the verification code textbox. So, now you can see that you would be able to access to your account with confident.
Note: Before you set up the authenticator app, must have done the set up for your account recovery mobile number and email.
The below screenshots will guide you to do more easily:
If you have any questions or doubts about this tutorial, please state all your enquiry through "Comments" below.